What is Pivot Ministry?
Pivot Ministry exists to empower low-income women for better life and work opportunities.
WHO: Pivot’s classes are small groups of women who are:
- ready to make a change in life
- without minor dependents in the home
- willing to commit and to participate in weekly classes
- interested in building community with others
- open to a Biblical foundation and a one-on-one Christian mentor
HOW: To empower participants Pivot offers:
- Life Skills
- Job Readiness
- Bible Study
- One-on-One Christian Mentors
- An Asset-Based Development Approach
- building upon participants’ strengths, not needs
- committing to long-term change and progress
- creating a trusted small-group community for participants
- linking to – not duplicating – existing programs, training, resources
- connecting with grass-roots leaders to identify participants and build trusting relationships
- encouraging participants to find ways in which they can give back to their respective communities
Pivot empowers participants to deal with life challenges that are deeper than the most recent crisis and partners with them providing a hand up, not a hand out.
Go to https://pivotnow.org for more information.